As you are no doubt aware, yesterday the Government announced a package of measures to help the self-employed. The headlines are:
• Taxable grant worth 80% of average trading profits for last three years up to a maximum of £2,500 per month payable for the next 3 months (but may be extended)
• Trading profits/partnership trading profits in 2018-19 of less than £50,000 and these profits constitute more than half of your total taxable income
• Average trading profits in 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19 of less than £50,000 and these profits constitute more than half of your average taxable income in the same period
• If you started trading between 2016-19, HMRC will only use those years for which you filed a Self-Assessment tax return
• Must have submitted a tax return for 2018/19 although if a tax return has not yet been filed, an extension to file one by 23 April has been granted
• You cannot apply for the grants yet, HMRC will contact you if you are eligible for the scheme and invite you to apply online
• Money should be available by early June and paid directly in to bank accounts
• It would appear to not include income from property

More detail can be found at:

Job Retention Scheme
The Government has updated the scheme webpage with a bit more detail:

An important point to note per the above link is that while on furlough, employees cannot be:
• Making money for your employer
• Providing services to your employer

Company Directors
From information released by the Government to date, company directors who have income made up of salary and dividends would appear to be able to claim assistance under the Job Retention Scheme (so 80% of salary) but not under the self-employed assistance scheme. We will have to wait to see if the Government addresses this. Currently it appears that Government would direct those affected towards the Business Interruption Loan Scheme or claiming benefits which the below links cover.

Business support
The Government has updated its Business Support webpage with the latest announcements and updates. It details various grants that may be available to certain businesses such as those in sectors such as retail, hospitality, leisure, nurseries:
This page also contains details of the Business Interruption Loan Scheme.

Employee support
Government support for employees is set out in the following link which includes applying for benefits:

Company accounts
The Government has announced that businesses will be able to apply for a 3-month extension for filing their accounts. Under normal circumstances, accounts have to be filed with Companies House within 9 months of the company year end and any corporation tax paid at the same time. While the announcement deals only specifically filing of the accounts, it must be assumed that the deadline for corporation tax payment must also be extended; we await this anomaly to be addressed.